|By Reuven Cohen||
|March 30, 2010 04:00 PM EDT||
I wanted to let everyone know about an interesting acronym created by AT&T's Cloud Guru @JoeWeinman which does a great job of decribing what a private cloud is.
(V)irtualized (A)utomated (P)rovisioning (O)f (R)esources or VAPOR.
Just add an elastic and I think we may be on to something here.
So next time someone asks whether private clouds are real, tell'em they're just Vapor, or if you prefer ElasticVapor.
Weinman has also come up with an interesting acyonmy for CLOUD > (C)ommon, (L)ocation-independent, (O)nline, (U)tility, on-(D)emand; Basically saying Clouds are ubiquitous.
I'd also highly recommend following
Weinman's Blog at > Cloudonomics.com
- Cloud Computing - Morgan Stanley is Banking on the Cloud
- Cloud Computing: The Business of Building Clouds
- Virtualization & Cloud Computing: Perfect Together
- Virtualization Is Not Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing: The Geopolitical Cloud
- Microsoft Actually Does Get Cloud Computing
- McKinsey & Co - Clearing the Air on Cloud Computing
- VMWare VDI Client Goes Open Source
- Creating a Common Cloud Computing Reference API - Part One
- Solving the Problem of Cloud Interoperability